Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Broccoli Slaw

Because I haven't posted in a while and I actually have a moment, I'll post another favorite recipe. Plus I just made this the other day and realized I hadn't posted this one yet.  This recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. She has a lot of great recipes that changes up what you bake/cook.  Perfect during the summer or whenever you can get fresh broccoli.

Ingredients:
2 heads of broccoli
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped

Buttermilk Dressing
1/2 cup buttermilk, well-shaken (or milk, which I typically use)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar


Directions:
Toast sliced almonds if they are raw. I place them on a baking sheet at 350 and keep an eye on them till they turn golden. Trim broccoli and cut it into bite sized pieces.

Toss the sliced broccoli with the almonds, cranberries and red onion in a large bowl.

Whisk the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl with a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli and toss it well. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment