- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10- to 11-ounce fully cooked smoked Portuguese linguiça sausage or chorizo sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams; about 2 large), peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound white-skinned potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth/veggie stock/leftover whey
- 1 9-ounce bag fresh spinach
Heat up the olive oil in a large pan and cook up the sausage till it is brown. Remove and place in a bowl with a paper towel.
Next saute up your onions and garlic till cooked to your liking (5mins).
Add in the potatoes and cook till softened.
Add in your stock and bring the soup up to a boil.
Cook till potatoes are tender. Mash up about half of the potatoes.
Add in the sausage and spinach.
Cook till spinach is wilted (5mins) and serve with bread.