Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Brown Sugar

Have you ever run out of Brown Sugar? Here is a simple easy recipe that may surprise you.  I bake bread as a side business and one of my top selling breads is Cinnamon Raisin.  I got tired of having to buy brown sugar in those little packages. So here we go.... are you ready?

1 cup of regular sugar
1 tablespoon of molasses for light brown sugar or 1.5-2 tablespoons for dark brown sugar

Take the two ingredients and mix them.
You can use an electric mixer, a bowl and fork, spoon, your hands (I don't really recommend this), etc.
I prefer to use my mixer and do about 3 cups at a time.

Store it in an air tight container.  This is a nice way to have soft fresh brown sugar that you don't have to take a hammer to in order to use. 

***Tip: if you do have some rock hard abs brown sugar, place a piece of bread in the bag and it will soften it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment